Amphitrite, according to the Greek mythology, was a sea goddess and Poseidon's wife. She was one of the fifty niriides (mythological sea creatures). She was the female personification of the sea, mother of fish, wales, dolphins but also mother of hospitality.
The "Amphitrite SCOIP" is a Social Cooperative Integration Enterprise (according to Law 4019/ 11) whose aim is the integration of vulnerable groups of people into the economic and social life. Amphitrite SCOIP includes the following sections of activity:
- The formation of the platform "Greece4all.eu", the first multilingual web based application in Greece, for the presentation of the local, accessible facilities and services for tourists.
- The provision of consulting and educational services relevant to improving accessibility utilizing the know-how of specialized scientists, good practices of the international community and also the experiences of its members.
The "Amphitrite SCOIP" has been created with the support of the Developmental Partnership “PROSVASIS”, established under the Program "Regional Integration Actions for Vulnerable Groups" (TOPEKO), in order to promote employment and entrepreneurship of unemployed people with special needs.
Partners of A.S. PROSVASIS are:
- The "Greek Association of Protection and Rehabilitation of Disabled Children" which provides for 45 years continuously its services to children with disabilities
- The "Greek Federation of Corporation of Parents and Guardians of Disabled People" which consists of 230 unions, representing parents and guardians of 200.000 children.
- The "Chamber of Commerce and Industry" that contributes to the development of healthy entrepreneurship and supports the needs of thousands of small, medium and large corporation members
- The Mentoring S.A., a specialized consulting company and member of the Greek international organizations (SESMA, EU consult, EBAN) which support entrepreneurship and innovation.
In order to strengthen our position, we implement a networking program so Amphitrite can set up international partnerships and draw expertise and best practice applications from abroad. The first strategic partnership was completed by our integration in ENAT (European Network for Accessible Tourism), an organization that has as a main objective to be a pioneer in the study, promotion and practical implementation of issues that concern accessible tourism.
The second European collaboration was with the CEFEC social firms Europe. The network CEFEC is a non-profit association of organizations that has as a basic target the integration of vulnerable groups into the economic life. Having secured these two collaborations, we have the ambition to acquire the know-how in subjects that are directly connected with us as well as to show in practice our extroversion along with the need of Cooperative Businesses to approach a wider target group.
Our main target is to be the first choice of international tourists for their network information, relevant to the accessible tourism in Greece. The completeness, uniqueness and reliability of the information provided, the high quality service and our collaboration with trustworthy partners is our biggest advantage.